Funding for greener travel offered to MK businessesStuart | YLF
MK businesses are being invited to apply for sustainable travel grants of up to £1,000 each to boost the use of green and sustainable travel by their employees and customers.
Milton Keynes Council is offering the grants, which must be match funded at least 50% by the business itself, to help make walking, cycling and other green and active modes of transport more appealing to, and affordable for local workers.
The funding could be used for initiatives such as:
- Adding or improving cycle parking or facilities such as showers
- Creating car sharing schemes or bays
- Installing electric vehicle charging points
- Improving pedestrian access
- Promotional events to encourage more sustainable commuting
- Buying or renting bikes to be shared by staff
Organisations can apply from 1 April through a simple application process set out at: www.getsmartertravelmk.org/work/travel-grants. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis until all the available funding has been distributed.
Applications must show a clear green benefit, and the projects should also represent good value for money. Businesses also need to agree to monitor the success of their green initiatives, to show what kind of positive impact they have.